What did President Ramaphosa say?
- Social, religious, political and other gatherings will be permitted, as long as the number of people does not exceed 50% of the normal capacity of a venue, up to a maximum of 250 people indoors and 500 people outdoors
- The maximum number of people who can attend a funeral is increased from 50 to 100
- Venues for exercise, recreation and entertainment – such as gyms and theatres – currently limited to 50 people, will be allowed to accommodate up to 50% of their venue’s capacity
- The national 22:00 – 04:00 curfew will start two hours later
- Alcohol will be permitted for on-site consumption in licensed establishments