The Ugandan co-founder of Safe Boda, Ricky Papa Thompson has been named in the 2018 Forbes’ 30 Most Promising Young Entrepreneurs in Africa. Founded in 2014, Safe Boda strives to gives rider and passenger the safest travel experience on a motorbike in and around Kampala.
Ricky Papa Thompson was a commercial boda boda rider himself before he started Safe Boda after witnessing the death of a close friend in an accident in 2013. Papa appreciated that while riders cannot do away with boda bodas as an income generator, the next best course was better traffic education.
The prestigious financial magazine Forbes has released this list celebrating entrepreneurship in Africa for seven years now.
Others Named in Forbes’ 30 Most Promising Young Entrepreneurs in Africa in 2018
- 33-year-old Nigerian founder of Krystal Digital Temitope Ogunsemo.
- 28-year-old South African, Nthabibiseng Mosia, founder of Easy Solar.
- 30-year-old Nigerian founder of Jetvan, Oluwatobi Ajayi.
- 28-year-old Kenyan, Paul Kihiko, who founded Wing It Nairobi.
- 27-year-old Nigerian, Abubakar Sadiq Mohammed Falalu, founder of Falgates.
- Etop Ikpe, Nigerian founder of Cars45.
- 27-year-old MIT grad and Nigerian founder of Fibre, Obinna Okwodu.
- Nigerian education entrepreneur, Gossy Ukanwoke, 30, founder of BAU Executive Education.
- Rahma Bajun, 29-year-old Tanzanian founder and Creative Director of MnM Clothing Line.
- 25-year-old Tanzanian Idris Sultan, who won the 2014 edition of “Big Brother Africa“and founded Sultan by Foremen.
- Kenyan Anerlisa Muigai, 30-year-old founder of Nero.
- Fahad Awadh, Tanzanian, 30-year-old founder of YYTZ Agro-Processing.
- Jean Bosco Nzeyimana, Rwandan founder and CEO of Habona Limited.
- 24-year old Tanzanian Patricia Majule, director and founder of Unique Favors TZ.
- Ricky Papa Thompson, Ugandan, 29-year-old founder of SafeBoda.
- Doreen Estazia Noni, Tanzanian founder of Eskado Bird.
- 30-year-old Nigerian Ronke Bamisedun, founder of BWL Agency.
- Mostafa Kandil, Mahmoud Nouh, Ahmed Sabbah, Egyptians and co-founders of Swvl.
- Rodrique Msechu, Tanzanian founder of Anza Strategy.
- June Syowia, 22-year-old Kenyan founder of Beiless Group.
- 23-year-old Ibrahima Ben Aziz Konate, founder of Poultry d’Or from Cote D’Ivoire.
- Nigerian Nasir Yammama, founder of Verdant Agri-Tech.
- Simbarashe Mhuriro, 32-year-old Zimbabwean founder of Oxygen Energy Private Limited.
- 28-year-old Algerian Abdellah Mallek, founder of Sylabs.
- 31-year-old Kenyan founder of Recours Four Kenya Consultants Limited (R4Kenya), Gloria Michelle Otieno Muka.
- Brigitha Faustin, 31-year-old Tanzanian founder and managing Director of OBRI Company.
- Nigerian Harold Okwa, 30, founder of Vestates.
- Rajiv Mehta, 32-year-old Kenyan founder of Tangerine Investments.