An unnamed Kenyan girl has narrated to colleagues how she was driven from near her home to church by one the terrorists with whom they shared an estate.
Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta on Wednesday announced that all the terrorists involved in the DusitD2 hotel complex attack had been put out of action.
Photos of the terrorists’ dead bodies later made rounds on social media.
However, in a post on social media, a girl, who chose to hide her identity due to security reasons said that a week ago, she had been transported by one of the attackers she identified as one of those in the photos released after the raid.
“I am still shocked and can’t believe this. Do you know we have been living with this terrorist at Guango Estate,” the unnamed girl posted on a social media page for Kenyans.
The girl told colleagues that a week ago, she was given a lift by the neighbor of hers as she went to attend church services on a Sunday.
“Do you know that he carried me last Sunday but one from Guango estate to Ruaka as I was going to church? The picture of that guy, the owner of that car is still in my head .His polished English is still in my head and I still remember how he was telling me he was taking his car for a car wash.”
Another girl said one of the cars used by the attackers had been identified by the attacker’s neighbors.
“The thugs have been living there for the last three months,” she posted.
According to the Standard news website, detectives on Wednesday located an cordoned off a building in Mucatha, Ruaka in Kiambu County where it was believed that one of the attackers had lived for four months after paying shs40,000 in monthly rent.
“In a raid conducted on Wednesday, police discovered a cavity in the house in which the attacker had kept several weapons. The neighbors described the man as friendly though he was rarely in the house,” the Standard reported.
It was also reported that one of the neighbors called police after identifying the car that was abandoned near the DusitD2 gate which was used by the five terrorists who conducted the deadly attack.
On Tuesday, Somali based terror organisation Al Shabaab claimed responsibility for the attack in Nairobi.
President Kenyatta said on Wednesday that his government will not waiver under the attacks of terrorists but instead pursue them and bring them to justice.
He said it is time for Kenya to show their undoubted resolve, adding that all terrorists have since been put out of action but their accomplices will be pursued.
“We will seek out every person that was involved in the funding, planning and execution of this heinous act, we will pursue them wherever they will be and hold them to account,” Kenyatta said.