A fire that is suspected to have resulted from an electricity short circuit razed down the roof of Baheesi Hostel on Monday evening of May 28, 2018. The fire besides sending students scampering also damaged property worth millions before it was put out by the Police fire department.
The students through their guild leaders met with the hostel management yesterday afternoon to pave a way forward on how those who lost documents and different materials will be compensated.
The students reached a consensus with the management to compensate all the victims of the hostel fire outbreak in different forms that they promised to communicate before the month ends.
Julius Mulenzi, The MUBS guild internal affairs ministers noted that management also asked the victims to forward the lists of items that they lost in the fire for proper arrangements.
” The hostel is willing to compensate the hostel victims in a particular manner that will be taken from the three forms of compensation suggested by the guild. This will be communicated before this month ends,” the students minister told Nile Post.
We are still updating this story