By Jonah Kirabo
Police has confirmed that no one has been injured in the fire that gutted MUBS’ Bahesi Hostel Monday evening.
Speaking to journalists at the scene, AIGP Joseph Mugisa who also doubles as the Director, Fire Brigade Police said that Police is on top of the situation and ‘no one was injured in the fire outbreak.”
” The public should be rest assured that we are on top of the situation. No life lost. No one is injured and we shall be calling off the operation in an hour’s time,” he told journalists.
He however noted that the roof got burnt to ashes, but police fire brigade did all they could do to stop the fire from contacting other floors.
The fire that started at around 4:00pm is suspected to have been a result of an electric short circuit. It comes just days after Mary Stuart Hall in Makerere University caught fire, injuring three students and damaging property.
Meanwhile, fire also gutted Kamaanya Primary School in Bunamwaya, but police moved fast to contain the situation.