At least 22 judicial officers at the ranks of Registrars, Deputy Registrars, Chief Magistrates and Magistrates Grade One, have been transferred to various stations.
According to the transfer schedule released on Thursday by the acting Chief Registrar, Isaac Muwata, 10 of the judicial officers deployed were recently appointed on promotion by the Judicial Service Commission.
Twelve other officers, according to Muwata were transferred to different stations.
The acting chief registrar noted that some of the reasons for the transfers included officers who had overstayed at the current stations, improvement of service delivery and filing positions in the recently created magisterial areas.
The transfers take effect starting June 1.
Deputy Registrars Deployed
1. Festo Nsenga – Commercial Court
2. Angualia Moses Gabriel – Mbarara High Court
3. Nabaggala Sylvia Mbaga – Industrial Court.
4. Nabakooza Flavia Kalungi – Mukono High Court.
5. Bareebe Rosemary Ngabirano – Lira High Court.
6. Kaweesa Godfrey – Judicial Training Institute
7. Kaitesi Kisaakye Mary – Family Division
Ag. Chief Magistrates Deployments
1. Yeteise Charles – Bushenyi
2. Chemeri Jessica – Iganga
3. Kagoda Samuel Ntende – Hoima
1. Tom Chemutai (Supreme Court) – Registrar High Court
2. Anguandia Godfrey Opifeni (Deputy Registrar- Supreme Court) – Caretaker Supreme Court
Chief Magistrates Transferred
1. Ayo Mariam Eddy Okello (Mbale) – Buganda Road
2. Ereemye Jumire James Mawanda (Buganda Road/Utilities) – Mbale
3. Mary Babirye (Leave) – Standards, Utilities & Wildlife Court
4. Okeny Susan (Hoima) – Entebbe
5. Juliet Harty Hatanga (Luwero) – Mukono
6. Samuel Munobe (Iganga) – Luwero
Magistrates Grade One Transferred
1. Lamunu Peace Elizabeth (Rukungiri) – Kumi
2. Nalungi Esther (Kumi) – Kamuli
3. Angura Fionah Sheila (Kamuli) – Lugazi
4. Ngamije Mbale Faishal (Masaka) – Rukungiri