The High court today ordered the government to pay Shs 80 million to each of the 22 suspects in the murder of Felix Kaweesi, after it was proved that they were tortured while in detention. This translates into a total of shs 1.7 billion that government shall use to pay off the suspects.
During the hearing of the case, one of the suspects Joshua Kyambadde narrated his torture ordeal.
“Your worship, I am a true citizen of Uganda but I was tortured physically and psychologically while in detention. The previous time you ordered that we should be remanded to Luzira government prison but we were driven back to Nalufenya where we have since then been tortured from,” Kyambadde said.
Below is the list of the 22 suspects to bag Shs 80 million each
- Abdu Ashid Mbazira ,
- Higenyi Aramazan Noordin,
- Mugerwa Yusuf alias Wilson,
- Bruhan Balyejusa alias Masiga Jimmy Oguttu.
- Maganda Umar Aramathan,
- Ahamad Senfuka Shaban alias Sheik Tawheed,
- Hassan Tumusiime,
- Ibrahim Kissa alias Colonel Ibra,
- Osman Mohammed Omarete alias Hirya,
- Magambo Hamidu alias Kan Yam,
- Abdu Majid Ojerere,
- Kyambadde Joshua Magezi alias Abdu Rahaman
- Sheik Musa Ntende Abubakar
- Shafique Kasujja,
- Abdala Kaala,
- Sinani Hibwagi,
- Ali Mugoya,
- Asuman Mugoya
- Swalleh Ddamulira
- Saudah Ayubu
- Ibrahim Ssemwanga alias Superman
- Kimuli Luutu