Two children perish in Kiboga fire

Nile Post News

Nile Post News

, News

SIMON KABAGAMBE

Shock gripped residents of  Kakunyu village in Kiboga district yesterday when two children, Mubiru Trespass, 3, and his elder brother Kiyaga Abubakari, 5, perished in fire that gutted their house when they were sleeping.

According to the residents of this area they suspect that the firer was caused by a candle that was left in house by their mother, Shakira Namugenyi who had gone to buy medicine at a drug shop.

By the time she came up, the house had been razed and the children had perished.

We have been told that the father of the children, a one Friday, is serving a jail term in Gulu.

Police officers led by OC/CID of the area Hassan Katumba who visited the scene later advised the parents to avoid using candles in such grass-thatched houses.

  • 132
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Comments

comments