Museveni reconciles Balyeku, Nabeta

Nile Post News

Nile Post News

, Politics

President Museveni on Thursday intervened in he long standing political feud between two NRM heavyweights Igeme Nabeta and Moses Balyeku.

Nabeta, the Jinja East MP is facing a election after his earlier victory was annulled by court.

Balyeku is the Jinja West MP and chairman of NRM in the district.

During the NRM stakeholders meeting  ahead of the by election, Museveni urged the two leaders to bury their differences and work together.

“From now  on Your Excellency, I pledge my commitment to Hon Nabeta and the people of Jinja East and I shall stand by my word”, an apologetic Balyeku said.

He added: “Being in Parliament with Hon Nabeta is more beneficial to the people of Jinja than having FDC’s Paul Mwiru…. Hon Igeme, we are now brothers in both action and words. We shall score in the same goal and from
now, judge me by results”.

The two later posed for a group photo with Museveni who congratulated the duo for burying their differences and accepting to work together.

He said the two were still loyal party members and both voted for the amendment! of Article 102(b) which lifted the presidential age-limit.

Earlier on, the soft spoken Nabeta hailed the party leadership for the overwhelming support so far showed  to him. He also apologised to whoever he had ever annoyed and promised a better working relationship with them.

Meanwhile, the NRM chairman for Jinja Municipality, Julius Zziwa has declared that he will support FDC’s Paul Mwiru during this by election.

He made the announcement at a press briefing at his home in Jinja on Friday.

He said he was not happy that he had not been invited for the reconciliation meeting between Nabeta and Balyeku.

“Since they have decided to isolate me, I will support the FDC candidate,” said Julius Zziwa who was very instrumental during Nabeta’s victory in 2016.

By Hakim Kanyere

  •  
    96
    Shares
  • 96
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Comments

comments