Rubaga South Member of parliament, Kato Lubwama says he will not take part in the ongoing constituency consultations on the controversial age limit Bill.
Speaking to NBS TV, Lubwama said that there is no need to consult members of his constituency as they already have stated their answers.
The speaker of parliament on October 5, adjourned the house sine-die to allow legislators time to consult with their constituents regarding the age limit. Consequently, members of the opposition started country wide rallies to decampaign Raphael Magyezi’s Bill.
Now Kato Lubwama claims there is no need for either.
“Rubaga South is very different from other places, before I came to parliament they were already against this Bill. There is not need to go around and consult,” he said.
“I am just going to hold two rallies to talk to the people, they already sent their views before I went to parliament, they don’t like it (age limit), so don’t even tamper with it,” he added.
The Bill which was moved by Igara West MP, Raphael Magyezi is currently before the parliamentary legal community for scrutiny. While meeting the NRM caucus last week, President Museveni said he associates with the Bill.